Friday, May 28, 2010

breakfast



#1 on my list is still not a consistent thing, but made infinitely more enjoyable when watching the brilliantly funny VeryMaryKate.

#6 In the last few months, however, I have managed to eat MUCH more protein (thanks in part to my label reading husband who has grudgingly switched over to the "fancy" peanut butter because it has 1 more gram per serving that his beloved Jiff. Sweetheart!) I also actually ordered a side of chicken (instead of Tofu) with my Pad Thai last week. I might not have managed to eat it all, but progress was made!

#2 I have also made myself a really great linen top, that I have proceeded to wear about once a week since then, and have only limited myself to once a week because I don't want people to think I am dirty or anything. ;) Pictures are forthcoming - I think when I tackle that portrait issue...

#29 Just placed an order with a co-worker/Avon rep. Can't wait to get my new goodies and start playing!

2 comments:

Nutty Gnome said...

I love your list - I never made one and tend to make it up as I go along. As I've just had my 50th birthday and have accomplished lots of things, I guess I'm not doing too badly!

Re the protein thing. Whilst I'm not a vegetarian - having travelled a lot and seen (but refused to eat) lots of dodgy meat, we only eat a small amount of meat ...maybe once or occasionally twice per week,but the meat we do eat is from a local organic butcher so we know its provenance and have even been invited to the family farm to see the animal welfare for ourselves. I feel better knowing the animals have had a good life. Ruth (First Born) is vegetarian but styas healthy with lots of pulses, fish and seafood.

I love that you have peanut butter called Jiff. Jiff is a multi-purpose cleaning product over here. LOL!

hether said...

Here's my trick that I've grown so fond of that I miss it when I don't do it-- Smoothies in the morning first thing...while coffee is being made. Froz fruit, 1 pour into blender. Banana or two. Juice, 1 cup? Water, 1 cup or until consistency is as you like. Blend well. Add 2 scoops protein powder. Voila! Started your day out with protein, fruit, juice! Goes down easy for those who aren't so hungry in the am. Optional: make with rice milk. Or add some yogurt? Now...it's time for coffee! And if you fry up an egg and toast with coffee, well you are 5 steps ahead of the protein day.
And don't forget my beloved quinoa. Quick to cook and packed with protein. (I hardly ever eat tofu anymore. Shhh...don't tell mom! hee hee.)