Saturday, March 26, 2011

lots of fun & a confession!

Lost of fun:

On Thursday night I had the immense pleasure of picking up an old friend (someone who new T & I back when we were first crushing on each other) from the train station.  We proceeded to spend an amazing 36 hours together talking about everything under the sun (books, design, philosophy, hipsters, our secret fascination with housewife blogs (specifically the Mormon ones), hair, children, philanthropy,  architecture, movies, business ventures, travel, art, fertility, how much we love Anthropologie, and of course all the old camp memories.  We walked all over Portland and took tons of photos.

We ate delicious food:
 

Saw interesting art:
 
Spent a blissful couple of hours in Powell's:

And had the strangest afternoon of weather (seriously these photos were taken about 5 minutes apart!):

What an amazing weekend!!!

**********

Now on to the confession:

Before you read any further hop on over to one of my favorite blogs Design Gal and Her Handyman to read one of the most honest confessions ever.   What I especially love about this post is that her secret mess truly IS a mess.  (unlike some people's "befores" which are usually my "after")

One of the things I dislike about the blogging community is how much we sugarcoat/edit our lives - and I think the worst part is that I totally do it to.  Only it keeps me from actually blogging.  The reason why I have not shown you my master bedroom paint color yet is that I am afraid to take pictures of the mess of clean clothes sitting on top of my dresser.  (And don't even get me started on the dresser - I started painting it 3 years ago and never finished the very last bit, so I can't show you how cool it turned out!)  Or that my husbands bedside table is still pre-hacked.  (This is what I want it to look like.  This is what it actually looks like.)

Anyway - the whole point of this rambling is to share my own secret shame - except that because of the afore mentioned friend in town, my upstairs had to look good too! (overnight guests get a way cleaner house that dinner party guests!)  So whats a girl to do?
 Thats right - shove it ALL in the closet(s).  Click on the photos to enlarge - at your own risk!

3 comments:

Shan said...

Oh my goodness- I loved this post! First, how fun to have a good friend come into town and spend such a fabulous weekend together! Makes me want to have guests come! Lord knows it would motivate me to deep clean upstairs! :)

Thanks for the kind comment on my blog too! I've decided that my blog is my journal- and if I'm going to share it with the blogging community, I'm sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Shan said...

that last comment was from me, Shan over at Design Gal & Her Handyman! I didn't realize I was still logged into my other blog :)

Mrs Robinson said...

Oh my ghosh!!! Thanks Shan - can I call you Shan??? :)- you are SUCH an inspiration to me! I also really love your Skinny Jeans blog too - so thank you for the DOUBLE inspiration!